As Canada and the world contends with the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Northern Mat & Bridge (NMB) would like to reassure you that the Health, Safety and well-being of our employees, clients, contractors and their families is our top priority.
Northern Mat & Bridge’s safety program commits to protecting our employees, clients, subcontractors, visitors, the public and the environment. We are doing so by actively monitoring and adapting to the COVID-19 developments through information from local health agencies, the different levels of governments across the country and the World Health Organization, as they collectively work to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Northern Mat and Bridge would like to let everyone know that we are fully operational, but also assure our clients that we have taken a number of precautions and set in place a mitigation plan to deal with the COVID-19 Pandemic. Northern Mat & Bridge has:
- Initiated a tracking and reporting program for any employees that have traveled outside of the country, have had contact with other individuals returning from other countries, or are showing signs of illness to ensure they are self-isolating for 14 days
- Kept employees and contractors informed through regular COVID-19 updates on protecting themselves and those around them, including hygiene and social distancing.
- Cancelled all conferences and non-essential travel until further notice
- Made arrangements for our employees in 14 day self isolation to work remotely from home, including remote, online training programs for our field employees, with the goal that none of our team is impacted financially
- Restricted access to all of our offices and facilities to the general public and our own staff who are not based in those facilities
- Practiced social distancing in all facilities through adjustments in work flow processes and moving to tele and video conferencing
- Adjusted Tool Box Safety meetings where they will be read verbally to the site crews by the supervisor
- Adopted additional cleaning and sanitizing protocols to have our operators clean their equipment controls, door handles e before and after each shift to reduce any potential spread of the virus.
- Developed and tested remote work from home processes for all back end staff to facilitate a seamless transition in paper flow should office closures be warranted
All these measures are being taken with health and safety as our top priority, for continued project execution to our clients. NMB will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and make informed decisions and adjustments to our policies and mitigation plans as we see necessary. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have.