Reporting to the Field Supervisor, the Shuttle Operator provides support in the field with a shuttle vehicle. The vehicle will transport mats on site from the unloading area to the installation area. Operators work closely with other Operators and Drivers to ensure that all work is completed safely and efficiently while adhering to company as well as client policies and procedures at all times. Shuttle vehicle is either a tracked carrier or off road 6×6 shuttle truck with float tires.
Operator is required to have a valid DZ license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-Post job checks on equipment
- Attend and participate in toolbox talks and Hazard Assessment meetings Ensure that all necessary paperwork and reports are filled out properly Deal with customer concerns in a professional manner at all times Ensure mat tallies are recorded daily and that they are correct
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained
- Provide daily time ticket daily and ensure that all proper information is recorded
- Strap and unstrap loads with various safety devices (ie chains or straps) Oil, Fuel, grease, and clean equipment daily
- Work with site field supervisor and other operators to maintain an orderly and safe work site
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to use equipment correctly and effectively
- Team Player attitude
- Good written and verbal communication Capable to work in remote locations Strong attention to detail
- Proven hard work ethic
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years heavy equipment experience in Construction and/or Oilfield
- Experience operating equipment or driver transport trucks
- Bridge and Matting product knowledge a definite asset
- DZ License required
- Grade 12 education preferred
- Safety tickets an asset
- Clean drivers abstract a must
- Heavy Equipment Operators ticket an asset
This position will be working on projects in Northern Ontario, these projects are in partnership with many First Nation Communities, preference will be given to partnered community members.
All interested applicants will submit their cover letter and resume to Sue Peterson, Human Resources Manager, Eastern Canada, at a.