Website Northern Mat & Bridge
Reporting to the Shop Manager, the Shop Foreman is responsible for prioritizing the maintenance and services needs of all Northern Mat & Bridge equipment. Mainly ensuring that all trucks, trailers, and equipment is in condition ready to go to work. The Shop Foreman is also responsible for supervising shop journeyman and apprentice mechanics with help from the Shop Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all equipment is maintained to work ready condition
- Track & manage technician FLHA’s and other safety documentation
- Perform performance evaluations on technicians
- Lead assigned mechanics to ensure that resources are utilized to capacity
- When mechanics do not have the capacity to complete the work then 3rd party resources are to be used with approval from Shop Manager and managed to minimize costs while ensuring equipment is available for operational use
- Track & Manage all work orders and purchase orders to ensure they are up to date
- Ensure all equipment, trucks and trailers are maintained in accordance with manufacturer requirements ensuring warranty’s are utilized
- Help manage mechanic time and overtime
- Maintain a mature working relationship with Northern Mat & Bridge employees, customers and vendors
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Demonstrated communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities, networking and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong organization/priority management skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Must have extensive experience with all aspects of heavy equipment including hydraulics
- Journeyman/Red Seal Heavy Equipment Technician certification
- Courses or seminars on supervision, safety, teaching, leadership, facilitation or management an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for, please send us your resume by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Due to the vast amount of applications received, only those strongly qualified will be contacted directly for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com