Reporting to the Shop Manager, the Heavy Equipment Technician is responsible for providing the maintenance and services needs of all Northern Mat & Bridge equipment. Mainly ensuring that all off-road equipment is in condition ready to go to work.
Roughly 70% field work, 30% shop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preventative maintenance and servicing of all off-road equipment in the shop/field and follow proper NMB check sheets and documentations
- Check equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Trouble shooting systems – example hydraulic, electrical and mechanical of all equipment and determine faults and extent of repair, communicating with supervisors and operators to understand the issues of the equipment
- Major overhauls on equipment as required
- Maintaining and tracking all NMB supplied tooling and parts inventory on service trucks
- Test repair equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications and report tool deficiencies
- Follow NMB safety protocols and standards while completing tasks
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined
- Work independently and capable to travel on occasion
- Team player/Enjoy shop and outdoor work
- Positive attitude
- Physically capable and hard worker
- Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician (HET) Certificate
- 3+ years’ experience working on heavy equipment
- Experience with the following a huge asset; John Deere, Caterpillar, Komatsu, and commercial vehicles
- Arc welding experience a must
- Must be able to provide basic tooling
- Experience with using electronic logs (ELD) an asset
- Clean drivers abstract
- Class 1 license an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for, please send us your resume and current drivers abstract by Fax 780-538-1839, email HR@northernmat.ca, or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com