Reporting to the Shop Manager, the Heavy Equipment Technician is responsible for providing the maintenance and services needs of all Northern Mat & Bridge equipment. Mainly ensuring that all off-road equipment is in condition ready to go to work.
70% local Clairmont Shop work
30% field work within 200km radius of Grande Prairie
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preventative maintenance and servicing of all off-road equipment in the shop/field and follow proper NMB check sheets and documentations
- Check equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Trouble shooting systems – example hydraulic, electrical and mechanical of all equipment and determine faults and extent of repair, communicating with supervisors and operators to understand the issues of the equipment
- Major overhauls on equipment as required
- Maintaining and tracking all NMB supplied tooling and parts inventory on service trucks
- Test repair equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications and report tool deficiencies
- Follow NMB safety protocols and standards while completing tasks
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined
- Work independently and capable to travel on occasion
- Team player/Enjoy shop and outdoor work
- Positive attitude
- Physically capable and hard worker
- Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician (HET) Certificate
- 3+ years’ experience working on heavy equipment
- Experience with the following a huge asset; John Deere, Caterpillar, Komatsu, and commercial vehicles
- Arc welding experience a must
- Must be able to provide basic tooling
- Experience with using electronic logs (ELD) an asset
- Clean drivers abstract
- Class 1 license an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package, profit sharing, and RSP matching program.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for, please send us your resume and current drivers abstract by Fax 780-538-1839, email HR@northernmat.ca, or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org