Reporting to the Superintendent of Wash Systems, the Maintenance Person is responsible for prioritizing the maintenance and services needs of the portable Wash Plant including any work performed by 3rd parties. Work will be performed all over Western Canada, so the successful applicant must be able to travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all equipment is maintained to work ready condition while ensuring cost control and fiscal management
- Oversee maintenance of the mat wash plant
- Install, maintain and repair a wide variety of mechanical/automated equipment when needed
- Clearly document and communicate completed tasks including a description of the repair completed and any follow-up corrective action required
- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings, produce rough sketches (abbreviations, symbols for machining/welding/assembly, tolerances)
- Set up and perform precision alignments on equipment
- Assist Operations in running and troubleshooting wash plant process equipment
- Track and manage all work orders and purchase orders to ensure they are up to date
- Maintain a mature working relationship with Northern Mat & Bridge employees, customers and vendors
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Demonstrated communication skills, including oral, written, and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong organization/priority management skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Capable to travel
- 5+ years’ experience as a Millwright in a facilities
- Experience with welding, electrical, and pumps
- Journeyman Millwright certification preferred
- Courses or seminars on supervision, safety, teaching, leadership, facilitation or management an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package, and RSP matching program.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for please send us your resume and current drivers abstract by Fax 780-538-1839, email HR@northernmat.ca, or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com