Website Northern Mat & Bridge East
The purpose of this role is to assist in the development and maintenance a comprehensive National HSE management program based on the requirements of Northern Mat & Bridge LP (NMB) , its partners, subsidiaries and clients. Provide support and guidance; recommend HSE initiatives, training, and the development or revision of safe working practices in line with provincial requirements for company personnel, operators, drivers, and supervisors. Complete thorough incident investigations, as outlined by NMB and our clients. Assist in the maintenance of administrative duties as required. The ability to travel across Canada is mandatory, this position is based out of our Eastern offices. This is a 100% field position based on a scheduled rotation.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Associated Duties
To provide guidance, training and mentorship, to the operations group, manufacturing facilities, company personnel, union and non-union members in maintaining compliance with NMB policies, procedures, client, governing authorities and all laws.
- Complete all reporting requirements as directed by management and or clients.
- Assist in ensuring proper area coverage, and management of all office, yard, facility, field inspections and visits; ensure proper emergency response tools and equipment are in good working order.
- Conduct thorough incident investigations, act as an advisor to NMB supervisors when conducting investigations. Be on call on a scheduled rotation.
- Update and review HSE Manual and Job Safety Analysis in conjunction with individual client rules, as required and submit for approval.
- Conduct NMB company specific orientations and training when required.
- Serve as a resource to employees to remedy any problems which occur or are uncovered during the site monitoring process, maintain a confidential internal reporting system for all areas of concern.
- Promote internal communications and awareness of corporate direction, mission, aims and activities.
- Assist in all administrative duties including onboarding new employees, records maintenance, and equipment and vehicle inspections, when required.
- Maintain HSE supply and inventory requirements, track purchases, update monthly inventory stock as required.
Onsite Field HSE Responsibilities
- Using Northern Mat & Bridge inspection forms, Job Safety Analysis, Worksite observations, to conduct field, office and yards compliance audits as required.
- Submit electronically a daily summarization and worksite observation reports, as required.
- Advise Northern Mat & Bridge employees and subcontractors on matters regarding Northern Mat & Bridge and OH&S Policy and Legislation.
- Inspect employee and subcontractor vehicles, equipment, and training certifications.
- Inspect HSE equipment, provide stock to field employees, and yards as required.
- Promote Northern Mat & Bridge HSE culture to employees, subcontractors, and clients
Development & Execution
- Development of ERP for NMB owned yards, sites, and locations. Conduct emergency response drills.
- Review awarded projects to ensure the implementation of personnel, equipment, emergency response plans, site specific orientations are consistent with the bid package.
- Work as a resource for contractors to implement well developed safety protocol within their own companies, to meet the needs of Northern Mat & Bridge LP.
- Assist in COR and contractor audits as required.
- Maintaining relationships with key personnel to ensure industry leadership within the areas of construction, oilfield, and safety, as well as within Northern Mat & Bridge LP, and its various partnerships.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years in a health, safety, and/or environmental role with experience in Construction, Oilfield, Transmission and Distribution
- Experience in supervisory roles, facilitation of training, development of training curriculum incident investigation.
- Bridge and Matting product knowledge a definite asset.
- OHS diploma or desire to obtain
- NCSO or ability to obtain, IHSA experience is an asset
- Courses or seminars on supervision, safety, teaching, facilitation, or management an asset
Other Skills & Abilities
- Strong computer skills, program development, people, leadership, and team building capabilities.
- Able to maintain working relationships, communication and promote HSE in a positive manner.
- The ability to adapt quickly in a very quick turnaround time is a must.
- Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package, and RSP matching program.
- This is a fulltime, long term employment opportunity; contractors will not be considered.
- Company vehicle and all IT requirements are supplied by the company.
- NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
- National HSE Superintendent
- National HSE Operations Manager
- National HSE Manager
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org