The Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible for providing the maintenance and services needs of all Northern Mat & Bridge equipment. Mainly ensuring that all trucks, trailers, and equipment is in condition ready to go to work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance and servicing of all equipment at shop or in field on occasion
- Check equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Trouble shooting systems– example hydraulic, electrical & mechanical of all equipment and determine faults and extent of repair
- Major overhauls on equipment as required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications
- Other shop duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined
- Work independently
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Clean drivers abstract
- Capable to travel
- 3+ years’ experience working on heavy equipment
- Experience with the following parts a huge asset: Kenworth, Ford, Hitachi, Cat, John Deere, and Komatsu
- 3rd year, 4th year or Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic (HET a must)
- Class 1 License an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package, and RSP matching program.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for please send us your resume and current drivers abstract by Fax 780-538-1839, email HR@northernmat.ca, or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com