Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Heavy Duty Field Technician is responsible for providing the maintenance and services needs of all Northern Mat & Bridge equipment. Mainly ensuring that all trucks, trailers, and equipment is in condition ready to go to work.
Location of work is across Ontario with a focus in Northern Ontario. Northern Mat & Bridge provides a service truck that will be fully equipped with parts & supplies to handle a variety of infield maintenance repairs, any specialty tooling required for tasks will be provided upon request. Live Out Allowance provided when traveling. Accommodations provided by Northern Mat & Bridge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance and servicing of all equipment
- Check equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Trouble shooting systems– example hydraulic, electrical & mechanical of all equipment and determine faults and extent of repair
- Major overhauls on equipment as required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications
- Capable of completing work orders and inspection sheets
- Willing and able to train apprentices
- Welding repairs to attachments
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined
- Technologically inclined
- Welding certificate
- Work independently
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Ability to travel/be away from home
- 3+ years’ experience working on heavy equipment
- Experience with the following parts a huge asset: Kenworth, Peterbilt, Panther, Ford, Hitachi, Cat, John Deere, and Komatsu.
- 3rd year, 4th year or Journeyman or Red Seal Certificate as a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician and/or Ontario 421A
- Class G License is required, and clean drivers abstract
- DZ is an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for please send us your resume by email
Northern Mat & Bridge is an equal opportunity employer and drug & alcohol free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com