Website Northern Mat & Bridge
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Heavy Duty Field Technician is responsible for providing the maintenance and services needs of all Northern Mat & Bridge equipment. Mainly ensuring that all trucks, trailers, and equipment is in condition ready to go to work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance and servicing of all equipment
- Check equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Trouble shooting systems– example hydraulic, electrical & mechanical of all equipment and determine faults and extent of repair
- Major overhauls on equipment as required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications
- Capable of completing work orders and inspection sheets
- Willing and able to train apprentices
- Welding repairs to attachments
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined
- Technologically inclined
- Welding certificate
- Work independently
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Ability to travel/be away from home
- 3+ years’ experience working on heavy equipment
- Experience with the following parts a huge asset: Kenworth, Peterbilt, Panther, Ford, Hitachi, Cat, John Deere, and Komatsu.
- 3rd year, 4th year or Journeyman or Red Seal Certificate as a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
- Clean drivers abstract
- Class 1 is an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package, and RSP matching program.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for please send us your resume and current drivers abstract by Fax 780-538-1839, email , or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com