Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Heavy Duty Field Technician is responsible for providing the maintenance and services needs of all Northern Mat & Bridge equipment. Mainly ensuring that all trucks, trailers, and equipment is in condition ready to go to work.
Orangeville, Ontario shop and remote work at different job sites across Eastern Canada. Fully tooled service truck provided. Live Out Allowance provided when traveling. Accommodations provided by Northern Mat & Bridge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance and servicing of all equipment
- Check equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Trouble shooting systems– example hydraulic, electrical & mechanical of all equipment and determine faults and extent of repair
- Major overhauls on equipment as required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications
- Capable of completing work orders and inspection sheets
- Willing and able to train apprentices
- Welding repairs to attachments
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined
- Technologically inclined
- Welding certificate
- Work independently
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Ability to travel/be away from home
- 3+ years’ experience working on heavy equipment
- Experience with the following parts a huge asset: Kenworth, Peterbilt, Panther, Ford, Hitachi, Cat, John Deere, and Komatsu.
- Journeyman or Red Seal Certificate as a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
- Class G License is required
- DZ is an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for please send us your resume by email
Northern Mat & Bridge is an equal opportunity employer and drug & alcohol free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com