Reporting to the Shop Manager, the Mechanic is responsible for providing the maintenance and services needs of all Northern Mat & Bridge equipment. Mainly ensuring that all trucks, trailers, and equipment is in condition ready to go to work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preventative Maintenance and servicing of all equipment in the field
- Check equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Trouble shooting systems– example hydraulic, electrical & mechanical of all equipment and determine faults and extent of repair
- Major overhauls on equipment as required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications, and other duties as required.
- 3rd year, 4th year or Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic (HET a must)
- Clean drivers abstract
- Class 1 license an asset
- Physically capable and hard worker
- Any experience with the following parts a huge asset: Kenworth, Ford, Hitachi, Cat, John Deere, and Komatsu.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined
- Work independently and capable to travel
- Team player/Enjoy working outside/on the road
- Positive attitude
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package and RSP matching program.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for please send us your resume by Fax 780-538-1839, email HR@northernmat.ca, or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com