Canadian owned and operated, Northern Mat & Bridge (NMB) is an Industrial Site Access Solutions company whose operations have grown to span across Canada.
Reporting to the Field Supervisor, the Operator leads and provides support in the field by laying and picking mats in a Loader with a thumb attachment. Operators work closely with Supervisors, Drivers, and Clients to ensure that all work is completed safely and efficiently, while adhering to the company and client policies/procedures.
*$3500 Sign-On Bonus program for those with a strong heavy equipment matting background!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre post job checks on equipment
- Laying/picking mats precisely and safely on worksites
- Load and unload mats from transport trucks
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork and reports are filled out properly
- Ensure mat tallies are recorded daily and that they are correct
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained including oiling, greasing, and cleaning equipment daily
- Attend and participate in toolbox talks and Hazard Assessment meetings
- Deal with customer concerns in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Provide daily time ticket daily and ensure that all proper information is recorded
- Work with site field supervisor and other operators to maintain an orderly and safe work site
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to use equipment correctly and effectively
- Team Player attitude
- Good written and verbal communication
- Capable of working in remote locations
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven hard work ethic
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years heavy equipment experience in Construction and/or Oilfield
- Experience operating Loader with Thumb/Grapple an asset
- Bridge and Matting product knowledge a definite asset
- Grade 12 education preferred
- Safety tickets an asset
- Clean drivers abstract a must
- Heavy Equipment Operators ticket an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. NMB offers a great employer paid benefits package, health care spending account, Employee Family Assistance Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and RSP matching plan.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for please send us your resume and current drivers abstract by email , or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com