Sign-on Bonus available to Equipment Operators with solid matting industry experience and valid safety tickets. For more information please email
Reporting to the Field Supervisor, the Operator leads and provides support in the field by laying and picking mats in a Loader with a thumb attachment. Operators work closely with Drivers and Clients to ensure that all work is completed safely and efficiently while adhering to the company as well as client policies and procedures at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Pre-Post job checks on equipment
– Attend and participate in toolbox talks and Hazard Assessment meetings
– Ensure that all necessary paperwork and reports are filled out properly
– Deal with customer concerns in a professional manner at all times
– Ensure mat tallies are recorded daily and that they are correct
– Ensure all equipment is properly maintained
– Provide daily time ticket daily and ensure that all proper information is recorded
– Loading and unloading mats from transport trucks
– Laying/picking mats precisely and safely on client sites
– Oil, grease, and clean equipment daily
– Work with site field supervisor and other operators to maintain an orderly and safe work site
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Demonstrated ability to use equipment correctly and effectively
– Team Player attitude
– Good written and verbal communication
– Capable of working in remote locations
– Strong attention to detail
– Proven hard work ethic
– A minimum of 1 to 2 years heavy equipment experience in Construction and/or Oilfield
– Experience operating Loader with Thumb/Grapple an asset
– Bridge and Matting product knowledge a definite asset
– Grade 12 education preferred
– Safety tickets an asset
– Clean drivers abstract a must
– Heavy Equipment Operators ticket an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We also offer a great employer paid benefits package and RSP matching plan.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for please send us your resume and current drivers abstract by Fax 780-538-1839, email HR@northernmat.ca, or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org