Reporting to the Executive VP of Sales & Marketing the Business Development and Indigenous/Stakeholder Engagement person is responsible for the development and management of sales and Indigenous/Stakeholder engagement within their region. These duties include continually engaging with current clients, future clients, the public, current and potential indigenous partners and any other stakeholders involved with Northern Mat & Bridge business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create strong relationships and partnerships with Indigenous Communities
- Organize consultation meetings, attend town halls and community round table events and meetings
- Scope out major projects and identify which communities are being impacted directly
- Understand all of the infrastructure projects in your region and identify opportunities.
- Track, manage, and produce correspondence for all Indigenous partnerships and joint venture relationships for the communities and management
- Work with operations to find opportunities for training and employment for JV/partner community members
- Collaborate with NMB Sales team and Indigenous stakeholder team to share best practices when working in Indigenous communities
- Promote the company image through exercising sound and ethical business practices as related to the customers and the public
- Inform Management in a timely manner on sales, competitor Intel and market activity
- Call existing and prospective clients
- Establish and maintain a current customer list
- Follow up completed projects performed by Northern Mat & Bridge in your region and report to the Executive VP of Sales & Marketing
- Present yourself in a professional manner at all times while representing Northern Mat & Bridge
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Demonstrated communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities, networking and relationship building
- Knowledge of First Nations History in Canada
- Understand & ensure compliance with NMB Indigenous Policy and mandate
- Understand Indigenous Participation Plans and implementations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong outside sales skills
- Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Capable to travel weekly
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of professional outside sales or Business Development experience in Energy or Construction Industry.
- Indigenous relations experience
- Customer service experience
- Resource development knowledge an asset
- Post-secondary education in business, Sales & Marketing, communications, anthropology, Indigenous relations all assets
- Clean Driving Abstract/License
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package, commissions program, company pickup, profit sharing, and RSP matching program.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for, please send us your resume and current drivers abstract by Fax 780-538-1839, email HR@northernmat.ca, or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org