Northern Mat & Bridge (NMB) is Canada’s first choice in providing safe, cost-effective temporary access solutions for any industry, including; Power Transmission and Distribution; Pipeline; Oil & Gas; Emergency Response; Renewable Energy; Forestry; Mining and General Construction. As a leading industrial service provider, NMB is Canada’s largest provider of access mats and have operations from British Columbia to Newfoundland. Specifically, NMB’s turnkey service model provides confidence to our customers that their access needs will be met. With its internal manufacturing capabilities and fleet of equipment combined with its 50+ yards across Canada, NMB is well positioned to serve its customers.
The Accounts Receivable Lead will report to the Controller and oversee the entire process of invoicing for our customers. The Accounts Receivable Lead will be responsible for providing support and leadership to the Accounts Receivable (AR) team and quality financial care of Northern Mat & Bridge’s customers. This position will work collaboratively to support system integration; prepare month-end accruals and receivables reporting. If you have previous experience leading a financial team, we would like to meet you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General supervision, support and performance management of Accounts Receivable team
- Ensure processes are followed and deadlines are met
- Drive process improvement
- Develop cross training strategy for team members so all areas have sufficient coverage
- Report to Controller of any department inefficiencies and ideas for improvement
- Set objectives for the AR team that aligns with the accounting department’s goals
- Goal setting with each accounts receivable team member
- Training new team members
- Communicating with internal and external customers to ensure customer invoicing requirements are met
- Process holdback requests and other customer contract requirements
- Tracking Purchase Orders and quote values to invoiced amounts
- Preparing and analyzing approval and accrual reports
- Stay updated on industry and legislative changes
- Manage cash applications ensuring all cash receipts are applied properly
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficient experience with Microsoft Office
- Adaptable to a growing and changing organization
- Excellent attention to detail
- Critical and innovative thinker
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Communication, leadership and relationship management
- Familiarity with all accounts receivable procedures
- Minimum three years experience in supervisory roles
- Minimum five years experience in accounts receivable
- Experience with Open Invoice, Cortex and Ariba is a must
- Experience using Navision would be an asset
- Knowledge of provincial PST would be an asset
- High School Diploma
- Post-Secondary Education in Administration, Finance or Accounting would be an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We also offer a great employer paid benefits package and RSP matching plan.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for please send us your resume by Fax 780-538-1839, email HR@northernmat.ca, or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org