Northern Mat & Bridge (NMB) is Canada’s choice in providing safe, cost-effective temporary access solutions for any industry, including: Power Transmission and Distribution; Pipeline; Oil & Gas; Emergency Response; Renewable Energy; Forestry; Mining and General Construction. As a leading industrial service provider, NMB is Canada’s largest provider of access mats and have operations from British Columbia to Newfoundland. Specifically, NMB’s turn-key service model provides confidence to our customers that their access need will be met. With its internal manufacturing capabilities and fleet of equipment combined with its 50+ yards across Canada, NMB is well positioned to serve its customers.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Technician is responsible for providing support to the accounting team. The Accounting Technician ensures the accuracy of the financial accounting information that it is recorded and that it conforms to IFRS. The Accounting Technician’s role is a fast paced and dynamic position and requires the ability to multi-task and have meticulous attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Detailed project job costing review, analysis and reporting monthly
- Monthly trucking analysis and accruals
- Monthly intercompany invoices and reconciliations
- Review and prepare credit card reconciliations and accruals
- Fixed Asset Management
- Assist with Joint Venture invoice and payment management
- Review, code and enter weekly fuel invoices and prepare usage reports
- Assist with monthly journal entries and financial statement analysis
- Prepare commentary on financial results, variances
- Prepare elimination entries for consolidation
- Assist with year-end audit and tax working papers
- Cross train and work alongside the Lead Staff Accountant
- Other duties when required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Very analytical and precise with strong attention to detail
- Team player with a confident positive attitude
- Work with a high level of accuracy and productivity
- Effective oral and written communication
- 3-5 years of financial experience with solid understanding of financial statements
- Strong Microsoft Excel (pivot tables etc.), Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of Construction industry a strong asset
- IFRS accounting rules and application a strong asset
- Experience with Microsoft Nav, Power BI and Jet Reports an asset
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting required
- Working toward Professional Accounting designation
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package, profit sharing, and RSP matching program.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for, please email your resume to HR at .
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Confidentiality: All Northern Mat and Bridge communication, inner workings, and documentation shall remain confidential and the property of Northern Mat and Bridge at all times
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com