Nortrhern Mat & Bridge is a access service company who prides itself on its people, service, sales and safety.
Northern Mat & Bridge (NMB) is Canada’s leading Access Solutions provider and continues to grow. We specialize in providing temporary access structures and solutions while servicing the oil and gas industry, pipeline industry and the transmission line industry throughout Canada since 1999. Our products are used to temporarily access remote areas while minimizing the effects on the environment.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for effectively and efficiently meeting the financial requirements of the organization while ensuring that GAAP are being followed at all times. The accounting team works collaboratively to meet internal and external reporting requirements while continuously striving to improve processes in our growing organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and working papers in a timely manner
- General ledger maintenance and reconciliation
- Journal Entry preparation and posting
- Government remittances
- Project job costing
- Developing reports as required
- Online and paper filing
- Other duties when required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Demonstrated communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities, networking and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong organization/priority management skills
- Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
- Assertive personality
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Analytical and critical thinker
- 4+ years’ experience working in an Accounting position preferably in the Construction and/or Oil & Gas Industry.
- MS Office experience a must (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Jet Reports an asset
- 40+ wpm typing speed a must
- Grade 12 Education
- Post-Secondary Education in Administration, Accounting or Finance an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package, and RSP matching program.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for please send us your resume by Fax 780-538-1839, email HR@northernmat.ca, or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org