The purpose of this role is to assist in the development and maintenance a comprehensive National HSE management program based on the requirements of Northern Mat & Bridge LP (NMB), its partners, subsidiaries and clients. Provide support and guidance; recommend HSE initiatives, training, and the development or revision of safe working practices in line with provincial requirements for company personnel. Assist in the maintenance of administrative duties to ensure the health, safety and environment management system is maintained as outlined by the NMB HSMS. The ability to travel across Canada based on client and company needs will be required.
This is a 50% Field and a 50% Administration Position this position could be based out of the Orangeville Ontario or Clairmont Alberta office depending upon the home location of the right candidate.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & ASSOCIATED DUTIES
KEY AREA: To provide a guidance, training and mentorship, to the operations group, manufacturing facilities, company personnel, union and non-union members in maintaining compliance with NMB policies, procedures, client, governing authorities and all laws.
- Complete all reporting requirements as directed by management and or clients.
- Assist in ensuring proper area coverage, and management of all office, yard, facility, field inspections and visits; ensure proper emergency response tools and equipment are in good working order.
- Assist in conducting thorough incident investigations, as required by Field HSE coordinators and management.
- Conduct NMB company specific orientations and training. Facilitate and maintain all HSE documentation as per the work instructions.
- Serve as a resource to employees to remedy any problems, which occur or are uncovered during the site monitoring process, maintain a confidential internal reporting system for all areas of concern.
- Promote internal communications and awareness of corporate direction, mission, aims and activities.
- Assist in all administrative duties including onboarding new employees, records maintenance, equipment and vehicle inspections.
- Conduct client reporting as required.
- Maintain HSE supply and inventory requirements, track purchases, update monthly inventory stock as required.
KEY AREA: Onsite Field HSE Responsibilities
- Using Northern Mat & Bridge inspection forms, Job Safety Analysis, Worksite observations, to conduct field and manufacturing, offices, and yards compliance audits as required.
- Submit electronically all worksite observation reports, and monthly reports and expenses to the HSE Manager.
- Advise Northern Mat & Bridge employees and subcontractors on matters regarding Northern Mat & Bridge and OH&S Policy and Legislation.
- Inspect employee and subcontractor vehicles, equipment, and training certifications.
- Inspect HSE equipment, provide stock to field employees, and yards as required.
- Promote Northern Mat & Bridge HSE culture to employees, subcontractors, and clients
KEY AREA: Development and Execution
- Development of ERP for NMB owned yards, sites, and locations. Conduct emergency response drills.
- Facilitate site specific orientations, and training
- Assist in COR and contractor audits as required.
- Maintaining relationships with all personnel to ensure industry leadership within the areas of construction, oilfield and safety, as well as within Northern Mat & Bridge LP, and its various partnerships.
- This is an entry level position, ideal candidates with the right desire will be considered
- A minimum of 1 year in a health, safety, and/or environmental role with experience in Administration, Construction, Oilfield, Transmission and Distribution will be considered.
- Bridge and Matting product knowledge a definite asset.
- Ability to obtain HSE and NCSO is required.
- Courses or seminars on supervision, safety, teaching, an asset.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong computer skills, program development, people, leadership and team building capabilities.
- Able to maintain working relationships, communication and promote HSE in a positive manner.
- The ability to adapt quickly in a very quick turnaround time is a must.
- Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a great employer paid benefits package, and RSP matching program.
- This is a fulltime, long term employment opportunity; contractors will not be considered.
- All IT requirements are supplied by the company and a company vehicle is supplied for field travel.
- NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org