Reporting to the Plant Manager and/or Plant Supervisor the Mat Plant Loader Operator provides support on site by loading lumber into the Plant as well as moving/storing finished wooden access mats. Furthermore, Mat Plant Loader Operator work closely with Transport Drivers to unload lumber and load with finished mats. The Mat Plant Loader Operator ensures that work is completed safely and efficiently while adhering to company policies and procedures at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading mats, lumber, and other supplies from transport trucks
- Feed Mat Plant with lumber, and move/store finished mats
- Ensure mat tallies are recorded daily and that they are correct
- Pre-Post job checks on equipment
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained
- Oil, grease, and clean equipment daily
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to use equipment correctly and effectively
- Team Player attitude
- Good written and verbal communication
- Capable to work in remote locations
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven hard work ethic
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years Loader Operating experience with grapple attachments (fork/thumb)
- Bridge and Matting product knowledge a definite asset
- Grade 12 education preferred
- Safety tickets an asset
- Clean drivers abstract a must
- Heavy Equipment Operators ticket an asset
Successful applicants must provide their own steel toe boots. Other necessary PPE will be provided.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer an employer paid benefits package.
Applicants must reside in the Creston/Erickson British Columbia area. No accommodations or subsistence provided.
If your skill set matches the above, and believe you would be an asset to our growing team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax 780-538-1839, or apply online.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com